Parents as Teachers
Parents As Teachers
Any parents with children, ages birth to age five (pre-kindergarten) are encouraged to enroll. To enroll, please contact Penny Davidson, parent educator, at 660-645-2284
- PAT is a free program made available through the Braymer C-4 School.
- Personal visits in your home or at the school building. The information shared with you will deal with your child’s stage of development. You will be given written material about what to look for in your child’s development and things you can do to encourage language and intellectual growth.
- Visits will be conducted on Friday afternoons and be approximately an hour long. Times available from 12:00 noon to 3:00 p.m.
- Group meetings will be held at the school throughout the year. All PAT participants are invited to attend. This gives you a chance to discuss a wide variety of child development topics as well as to meet with others in the community with the children the same age as yours.
- Development and physical screenings will be held (including hearing and vision). Standardized measurements are used to help you access your child’s needs.